Q. Tell us about yourself and how you became interested in makeup artistry.
A. My name is Carrie and I am Ohio born and raised, now living in sunny Arizona! I have explored many art forms since I was a child and dove into makeup around 2013. I am coming up on nearly 10 years as a self taught creative makeup artist and body painter and am incredibly passionate about this medium.
Q. What inspired this look?
A. I am a sucker for creating skeletons as I love the depth and dimension that can be achieved with them. I also love seeing how much growth and improvement can be made from practicing them more and more. I wanted to combine a devil and skeleton to give a bold, eye-catching Halloween makeup.
Q. How did you create this look and which products did you use?
A. I used Paradise Makeup AQ in Beach Berry and Red as well as my favorite Mehron EDGE in black. To create this look, I began by applying the devil horn prosthetics. Next, I mapped out the entire skeleton in Beach Berry, filled it in with Red and Beach Berry, created some shadows and depth by gently mixing the reds and black together. After this, I created a strong, opaque background by filling in the rest of the area with black. I finished the look with some hand placed rhinestones and glitter!
Submit your best Halloween makeup look(s) for a chance to win our largest PR package ever of makeup and accessories - a total prize package worth over $3,500! This year, each finalist wins a Paradise Makeup AQ™️ 30 Color Pro Palette- a $100 value!
Submit your look(s) on Instagram from 9/01/22 to 10/25/22 and follow all rules listed below. Each day in October, we will select and announce a finalist from all submissions to date. Once the 31 finalists have been selected, the Mehron Pro team will evaluate each finalist and select the 2022 Grand Champion!
The Grand Champion will be announced on 11/01/22.
1. Follow @MehronMakeup on Instagram and TikTok (if you have a TikTok account)
2. Post a high-resolution image of your original Halloween makeup look
• Multiple submissions are allowed but not required!
• Resubmission of past looks will NOT be accepted. Each look must be newly created.
• Blurry or low-resolution images will NOT be accepted.
3. In the first row of your caption tag the following #31DaysofMehronHalloween, #MehronMakeup, #Mehron2022, & @MehronMakeup
4. On the image itself, pop up tag the Mehron Instagram
5. Following the tags, list any Mehron products used, along with a short description of your character and inspiration.
• If selected as a Finalist, you will be sent a Mehron Release Agreement allowing us to showcase your work.
• Only submissions via Instagram will be considered.
• If a model and/or photographer is used – each collaborator will be required to sign the release form.
• Finalists will need to supply a high-resolution image of the look.
• Due to the quick turnaround of this contest we will need a reply, signed documents, and photographs sent to us within 24 hours or else you will be disqualified.
• See official rules for complete details
Q. Do I have to use all Mehron products in my look?
A. No, but you have to use at least one Mehron product and it should be a main focus of the look.
Q. Is this contest international?
Q. Is the Finalist selected only from submissions on that day?
A. No, Finalists are selected from ALL submissions received up to that date.
Q. What criteria is used to pick the daily finalist?
A. Creativity, originality, artistic complexity, high-resolution image with good lighting, Mehron products used, originality, adherence to all contest rules - these are the main things we look for.
Q. Does it matter how many followers I have?
A. Nope! Follower count has nothing to do with winner selections, Artistic ability is far more valuable!
Q. Can private Instagram accounts enter?
A. No, your account must be public in order for us to view entries.
Q. Can I edit my photos?
A. Minor edits are fine, but no edits/photoshopping to alter your look or change the final outcome of the makeup.