Official Animal Makeup Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Campaign is open to residents of the United States and internationally, and to those that are 18 years of age as of the date of entry and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Mehron, Inc. its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Mehron, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting June 1st, 2021 and ending on June 27th, 2021. All online entries must be received by June 27st, 2021 12:00pm EST
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered as follows: 1) Follow @mehronmakeup on Instagram, 2) Post a one minute video tutorial and a high-resolution image of your newly created Animal Makeup to Instagram, 3) Include the following tags: @mehronmakeup #mehronanimals #mehronmakeup 4) List any Mehron products you used
- The entry must fulfill Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mehron, Inc.
- Prizes: Three first prize Winners of the Campaign will receive an array of Mehron Products with a total retail value of $600.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Mehron, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Mehron, Inc. discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Mehron, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and user generated content for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner(s) Selection and Notification: Winners will be contacted in advance for bios, social media links, high resolution image, and the Mehron Release Agreement which allows us to showcase your work. If a model and/or photographer is used, a separate Mehron Release will be required from each. Winner(s) will be selected under the supervision of Mehron, Inc. Winner(s) is chosen based on skill and originality. Winner(s) will be notified immediately following selection of a Winner. Winners will be announced on June 31st, 2021 and announced on @mehronmakeup Instagram. Mehron, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner(s) failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner(s) provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner(s) cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 Days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Mehron, Inc., SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER(S) DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Mehron, Inc. anyone acting on behalf of Mehron, Inc., and Mehron, Inc’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mehron, Inc. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mehron, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Mehron, Inc may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Mehron, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, members, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND the State of New York, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, The parties shall attempt to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to, any provision of the Agreement or breach thereof by the good faith negotiations between the parties. Any such controversy or claim which cannot be resolved within 30 days shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration in New York, New York under the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Any such arbitration proceeding shall be before a single arbitrator selected by the parties from a list of arbitrators provided by American Arbitration Association of active or retired attorneys, law professors, or judicial officers with at least ten 10 years experience in genereal commercial matters. The prevailing party shall be entitled to collect its reasonable costs, expenses, and interest (including reasonable attorneys fees, arbitration fees, and other such costs) EACH PARTY UNDERSTANDS THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, BOTH GIVE UP THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO TRIAL BY JURY. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- License: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, You hereby irrevocably grant to Mehron, as well as its respective licensees, successors and assigns (herein collectively called the "Licensed Parties"), the worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use, publish, broadcast, post online, and copyright (i) Your name, voice, picture, portrait and likeness ( “Name and/or Likeness”) as such Name and/or Likeness appears in or in connection with the User Generated Content and (ii) the User Generated Content in and in connection with advertising, marketing and promoting Mehron, its products and services, or its sponsored events, in whole or in part, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised throughout the universe. You understand and acknowledge that Mehron may modify the User Generated Content for formatting, navigational, integration or other purposes, but such modifications will not materially distort such User Generated Content. No advertisement, promotional media, or other material in any media containing Your Name and/or Likeness related to the User Generated Content need be submitted to You for any further approval for use by the Licensed Parties, and the Licensed Parties shall be without liability to You for any distortion or illusionary effect resulting from the publication of Your Name and/or Likeness. Notwithstanding the above, the Licensed Parties will have no obligation to make any use of any of the rights granted by You. Mehron’s use of the User Generated Content or Your Name and/or Likeness does not imply any endorsement of or any affiliation with You.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Mehron, Inc.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- YouTube: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with YouTube.
- Twitch: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitch.
- Pinterest: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Pinterest.
- Twitter: The Campaign hosted by Mehron, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Last updated: June 1, 2021