Skull makeup is pretty popular, particularly around Halloween. While black and white are the traditional costume colors, we are over the rainbow excited about the pink and rose gold skull makeup created by Argenis Pinal. It is a hauntingly stunning way to celebrate the holiday. The warm hues and metallic shimmer add mesmerizing depth and dimension. We are thrilled that Argenis worked with Mehron to share this look for you to recreate. Watch him bring it to life in the video below and follow the step-by-step directions for easy reference. All products needed for the look can be found on Argenis' Mehron storefront on Amazon.
- Create a base by applying Celebré Pro HD Cream Foundation in a shade that matches your skin tone. Follow by using a lighter tone to highlight under the eyes, forehead and nose. Argenis used the lightest shade from our Celebré Pro HD 12-Color Highlight Contour Palette for this look.
- The Carbon (Black) shade from our iNtense Pro Pressed Pigment Palette brings darkness to the skull. Apply it with a small brush to the eyes from the lid to the brow, carrying it to the outer eye area, as well as to the inner corner and under the eye. You want the eyes to look hollowed out.
- Next up the nose. Apply Carbon to the bridge of the nose, starting half-way down, and blend out somewhat to the sides of the bottom of the nose to create a triangular shape.
- Then, starting just below the temple, draw a line that curves at the end to the corner of the mouth, down, and back up to meet the line in the middle of your cheekbone. Color in the area you just created with the Carbon. Go back up to the temple, draw a circle and fill in with the Carbon.
- Use the Red Earth (Maroon) shade from the palette to outline the Black.
- With the Bold Red from our CHEEK Powder Palette, outline the areas you just outlined with the Red Earth. Using the Wine Berry from the same palette, shade in the lower forehead and blend out to the sides up to the top of the forehead, as well as along the chin and jaw line.
- Draw teeth with White Paradise Makeup AQ, then create shading with the Carbon.
- Finish the black line details using Carbon and a detail brush.
- Highlight the tip of the nose, around the eyes, chin, and cheeks with Metallic Powder in Gold.
Hey IT fans, here is the perfect Halloween costume idea for you - Pennywise the Clown. With this version by Jordan Hanz you better make sure you stay away from storm drains or you'll float too!The Mehron team has partnered with Jordan to help you gear up for the spookiest of holidays with a popular [...]
To make your makeup look its best, you need the right brush - and Mehron has it! We are excited to share our brand new Professional Beauty Brush Collection. These super-soft synthetic brushes are the perfect addition to your makeup kit. Whether you are a professional makeup artist or just a makeup maven, this collection has [...]
Hail Halloween! 'Tis the season for special effects and makeup enthusiasts. To jump start your creative juices flowing for this spookiest of eves, the Mehron team has collaborated with some incredible artists - Jordan Hanz, Argenis Pinal aka @argenapeede, Karolina Maria aka @karolinagriciute, Nadine Mayerhofer, Dehsarae Mahrae aka @Dehsonae, Kat Sketch and Emma Pickles. They have [...]
All eyes are on our newest beauty product - Brazen Mascara. It is Bold Without Shame! Mehron's chemists have been working tirelessly to create a mascara to complement the rest of our beauty line. It had to be effortless, have powerful pigment, be long lasting, and produce instant results. Brazen does all that and more! With Brazen [...]
We are excited to announce our @Dehsonae Collection by Dehsarae Mahrae. Mehron collaborated with this ultimate Mehron Girl to bring you a combination of products with which you can create countless face painted looks - just in time for Halloween! The colors and textures comprise the perfect foundation for a multitude of costume ideas and artistic [...]
The biggest challenge professional artists face with doing bridal makeup is how to have their clients look like the best version of themselves AND look good in photos. Last week makeup artist Megan Hill Luman shared her tips for achieving that balance at The Makeup Show Dallas. Attendees of Mehron's In-Depth Techniques for Classic and [...]
Mehron ended New York Fashion Week with a bang at the Luar Spring '18 show. Designer Raul Lopez debuted his first full women's ready to wear collection. And, wow! Those models looked like lady bosses! As Vogue's Brooke Bobb said, he carried "over his cheeky, deconstructed office-wear vibes from his main men's offering." Lopez's focus [...]
It’s almost time for the 4th Annual 31 Days of Mehron Halloween Contest where we search for the best artists from around the world and feature them on our website and social media channels. In celebration of Mehron’s 90th Anniversary this year, we are making some exciting changes to the contest to kick it up [...]
When Dick Page is keying a look, you know it is going to be incredible. The makeup legend, who is a backstage fixture at New York Fashion Week, has painted the faces of countless supermodels and A-list celebrities. When we found out he would be keying the Linder SS'18 show, which Mehron was sponsoring, it [...]